Share It

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Just A Quick Note About Comments

Seriously, I don't have many rules when it comes to my blog and the comments posted.  I know some people don't agree with what I write and I'd be utterly naive to think that I'm universally liked or appreciated - such is life.  But one thing does rankle me, and I intend to put a stop to it right now - no more Anonymous comments.  Pure and simple.  I've changed the settings to stop people from posting stuff without leaving a name, and that's what it comes down to.  If you want to abuse me then fine, go for it.  But have the guts to put your name to it because if you don't, then you're just weak as piss.  I'm fairly certain as to who is leaving the comments, and I don't expect them to actually have the bottle to sign their names, but there you go.

5 comments:

Kid said...

I saw a comment taking a bit of a pop at you from someone called James. Is that the person you're referring to, or are there others?

Mikeyboy said...

I don't believe the people who leave the comments are aware of our ability to track traffic sources and referring websites...with a click or two we can actually see a url or http address.
Something a verbal berater might want to keep in mind when posting anywhere on the web.

Al said...

I agree with your comments, Daniel. I usually sign all of my email, even on lists where everyone else is using a fake name. Now, perhaps one day I might regret it, as it opens me to abuse (luckily, it hasn't so far), but if you make a comment, you should be willing to own it.
Best wishes.

Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff said...

For as long as I've been posting online, I've always signed my name to everything. Gutless wonders who don't are among the most pathetic people out there.

Tycoon said...

I agree with your post and everything everybody said here in the comments. Way to stand up for yourself!