Wednesday, February 08, 2006

If It Wasn't So Funny

It'd be sad. Click this link and have a peek at the on-line web-cam for the new Adelaide Airport. The airport was opened a few months back - I know because I went to the grand opening - but a plane has yet to land there. Why? Because someone stuffed up and piddled in the pipes where the fuel usually goes.

Eventually the airport will open, but in the meantime we have to make do with a run down airport that stinks of urine, has no air-conditioning and no shops. It's the kind of airport that I'd expect to find in some third world country really, and an utter disgrace to Adelaide. Until the new aiport does open you can see exactly what's not happening there on an hourily basis. Believe me about the only thing you'll see taking air on this web-cam is the odd seagull and a few pigeons. And even they don't take off on time.

I'm spending the day inside, trying to keep cool, trying to keep my nose from bleeding and scanning what seems to be a hundred odd pages that Jim Mooney has sent over to be used in the book. Gotta love that Mooney guy - with the material he's sent I'm now convinced that the book will be finished right on schedule, allowing me to have a weeks break and then move onto the next book, a project that's yet to be announced... ominous!

No comments: