Full Mooney


Part of the fun of writing a book about a person like Jim Mooney is seeing the art first hand. I've always attempted to try different things, to show people unusal art and, if possible, unpublished art. To this end I've approached a number of artists to work on various Mooney pencils and preliminaries just to see the results. I'm also going for a theme of sorts - I had Norm Breyfogle ink a Mooney Batman. Norm is one of the best Batman artists of the last 20 years, and to me it seemed like a no-brainer to have one of the Batman artists of the 1990s ink a drawing done by one of the Batman artists of the 1940s.

To that end I asked if anyone was interested in doing some work - paid, of course. One of the first off the rank and one of the best, was Bob Almond. Bob's credits are longer than most people's arms, but most would know him for his work over Sal Velluto's pencils on the acclaimed Marvel Comics series Black Panther. Sadly the Panther was cancelled - beats me why. Priest is a writer without peer and the team of Velluto and Almond reached great heights.

As it is I asked Bob if he'd be interested in inking a Spider-Man sketch. He agreed and here's the results!

Enjoy!

Comments

Chade said…
I love this project. I can't wait to see every othe rpiece of art that gets presented this way. I just hope you can get everyone you hope for.

Previous Posts!

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New York Scam: A Serious Warning For All Travellers

MARVEL COMICS DEMANDS $17,000 from BROKE CREATOR of GHOST RIDER! The Shame Of Marvel...Part II

Yogi Bear's Sexuality Explained